Simple but effective:GG.GG URL Shortener service
Do you use Twitter? if yes then you might know that how hard it is to share webpages within 140 character limit. To eliminate that URL Shortener service were introduced. Twitter uses it’s own t.co and Google uses g.co to shorten it’s internal urls.
But what if you want to shorten and share urls? here is a service to short urls as well as hide them from public view (they can only see the original one after visiting that page)
You can use gg.gg to short your urls. Here is a demo screenshot.
http://gg.gg/mbt is shortened by using this service.
How to use GG.GG URL Shortener
- Go to gg.gg URL Shortener homepage
- paste/type the url to be shortened
- if you want custom path then check the box right after the url field and put your custom path
- click on shorten url
- You are done, now copy shortened url and share ti with your friends and family
Advantages of GG.GG URL Shortener
There are several advantage of gg.gg over other services
- It’s servers are fast to redirect to original url
- No ads
- You can choose your own shortened url path (in my case I used /mbt)
- it’s free
Disadvantages of GG.GG URL Shortener
- There are only one disadvantage so far I have pointed out and that is lack of tracking. (goo.gl and bit.ly provide tracking of shortened tiny urls